Welcome back to another episode of the Cookbook Love Podcast. Today I’m excited to welcome back Monique Llamas. Since we spoke with Monique on Episode 4, Monique has a new role as the Community Manager for ckbk. As the Community Manager, Monique manages ckbk’s presence on social media channels Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Monique also tells us more about Ckbk. Ckbk offers free and premium memberships for search and discovery for over 300 cookbook titles, including classic, contemporary, out-of-print, and reference cookbooks. In today’s episode, Monique and I talk about her founding the ckbk cookbook club, as well as her interest in other online cookbooks clubs. Cookbook clubs offer opportunities for cookbook lovers to connect online in conjunction with content from a specific cookbook, usually, a cookbook selected each month, or related to one specific recipe choice out of a cookbook. Monique also discusses her tips on starting a cookbook club from announcing the club, spreading the word, setting an intention for the goal of the club, setting up a schedule, and being consistent in the club’s rules and postings. Most important is to have fun and use the clubs as a positive way to connect with cookbook-, food-, and recipe-lovers online. I hope you enjoy this episode with Monique!
Listen to Episode 39 below:
Things We Mention In This Episode:
- Contact Monique at ckbk
- Join ckbk using promotion LOVE 50 for a discount on membership
- 1000 Cookbooks Project
- Mrs. Balbir Singh’s Indian Cookery
- Licensing your book on ckbk
- Hardcover Cook’s Guide to Cookbook Clubs
- Get Cooking Cookbook Club
- Tasting Table Cookbook Club
- Saveur Cookbook Club
- Rainy Day Bites Cookbook Club
- Eat Your Books Cookbook Club
- Food 52 Cookbook Club (and Baking Club)
- Virtual Cooking Club
- Join the waitlist for the next opening of the Cookbook Writers Academy
- Download checklist for first-time cookbook writers “Are You Ready to Write a Cookbook”
- Please join our Cookbook Love Podcast Facebook Group
- Instagram @cookbooklovepodcast or @greenapron
Here’s How To Subscribe
I’d love for you to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss any new episodes Click here to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
How to Leave a Review:
And, I’d love for you to leave a rating and review. I want to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make this podcast one you love to listen to and share with your friends. Plus, iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review for the podcast here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Do you have an idea for a cookbook concept?
Would you like to know more about writing cookbooks?
Do you collect cookbooks and want to be interviewed on the …