Welcome to another episode of the podcast. First, a sad note to recognize the death of cookbook author and writer Julia Reed. Julia died from cancer at the end of August in Newport, Rhode Island. She was 59. Her books and articles were a joy to read. Which brings me to the topic of this show – cookbooks and food books I love to read. See the links below and listen in as I discuss some of my favorite cookbooks and food books to read. And thanks to all the cookbook readers who are faithful to this podcast.
Listen to Episode 107 below:
Things We Mention In This Episode:
- Julia Reed Obituary – Garden and Gun Magazine
- A Collection of Julia’s work in Garden and Gun
- Ham Biscuits, Hostess Gowns, and Other Southern Specialties by Julia Reed
- Big Bad Breakfast by John Currence
- Chocolate and Zucchini by Clotilde Dusoulier
- Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain
- The Kitchen Dairies by Nigel Slater
- Lidia’s Italian-American Kitchen by Lidia Bastianich
- Pot on the Fire by John Thorne and Matt Lewis Thorne
- Outlaw Cook by John Thorne and Matt Lewis Thorne
- Download a copy of the Cookbook Publishing Roadmap
- Please join our Confident Cookbook Writer Facebook Group
Let’s connect on Instagram @greenapron
Here’s How To Subscribe
I’d love for you to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss any new episodes Click here to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
How to Leave a Review:
And, I’d love for you to leave a rating and review. I want to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make this podcast one you love to listen to and share with your friends. Plus, iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review for the podcast here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Do you have an idea for a cookbook concept?
Would you like to know more about writing cookbooks?
Do you collect cookbooks and want to be interviewed on the show?