Today on the podcast I feature an interview with Jordan Hamons. Jordan is the owner of Tablespoon Cooking Co. at the historic Findlay Market in Cincinnati, OH. Tablespoon Cooking Co. teaches home cooks how to cook good food through hands-on classes and private events. Jordan is a cookbook collector and has been reading and using cookbooks since a very young age. In this episode, we talk about Jordan’s introduction to cookbooks with her father’s travel to New Orleans, how cookbooks were used at her various jobs, and about her monthly cookbook club at Tablespoon Cooking Co. In her spare time Jordan loves to travel –and if not by plane, by cookbook, learning international cooking techniques and sampling food from around the globe.
Listen to Episode 31 below:
Things We Mention In This Episode:
- Tablespoon Cooking Co.
- The Hungry Traveler – Jordan’s travel blog
- Tablespoon’s April Cookbook Club Selection – I Am a Filipino
- Follow Jordan on Instagram
- Follow Tablespoon Cooking Co. on Instagram
- David Lebovitz My Paris Kitchen
- Julia Child Mastering the Art of French Cooking
- Rosewater and Orange Blossoms Maureen Abood
- Season: Big Flavors, Beautiful Food Nik Sharma
- Edna Lewis Taste of Country Cooking
- Marcella Hazen Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking
- Join the waitlist for the next opening of the Cookbook Writers Academy
- Download checklist for first-time cookbook writers “Are You Ready to Write a Cookbook”
- Please join our Cookbook Love Podcast Facebook Group
- Instagram @cookbooklovepodcast or @greenapron
Here’s How To Subscribe
I’d love for you to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss any new episodes Click here to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
How to Leave a Review:
And, I’d love for you to leave a rating and review. I want to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make this podcast one you love to listen to and share with your friends. Plus, iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review for the podcast here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Do you have an idea for a cookbook concept?
Would you like to know more about writing cookbooks?
Do you collect cookbooks and want to be interviewed on the show?
7 Insider Tips About Writing a Cookbook That Agents and Publishers May Not Tell You