Welcome back to another episode of the Cookbook Love Podcast. Today’s episode was a lot of fun as I interview Chris Taylor and Paul Arguin. Chris and Paul are cookbook collectors. They are scientists by trade, and one day, about 10 years ago they decided to enter an amateur pie competition. Chris’ Lemon Strawberry Pie won 1st place, and from there, they have been on a journey of pie, culminating in a 2017 Best of Show award at the National Pie Championship. As a result of their win their, and an article in the NYT, they were approached about writing a cookbook of their own. In this interview we talk about their journey through pie competitions, writing their cookbook, and their favorite pie and baking books.
Listen to Episode 36 below:
Things We Mention In This Episode:
- 1st Prize Pies Alison Kave
- The Pie Book Louis Pullig-De-Gouy
- Pie Marches On Monroe Boston Strause
- Farm Journal’s Country Cookbook
- The Secret Recipes Dominique Ansel
- The Pie and Pastry Bible Rose Levy Berenbaum
- The Cake Bible Rose Levy Berenbaum
- The Family Baking Book America’s Test Kitchen
- Bread: A Baker’s Book of Technique and Recipes Jeffery Hammelman
- Join the waitlist for the next opening of the Cookbook Writers Academy
- Download checklist for first-time cookbook writers “Are You Ready to Write a Cookbook”
- Please join our Cookbook Love Podcast Facebook Group
- Instagram @cookbooklovepodcast or @greenapron
Here’s How To Subscribe
I’d love for you to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss any new episodes Click here to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
How to Leave a Review:
And, I’d love for you to leave a rating and review. I want to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make this podcast one you love to listen to and share with your friends. Plus, iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review for the podcast here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Do you have an idea for a cookbook concept?
Would you like to know more about writing cookbooks?
Do you collect cookbooks and want to be interviewed on the show?