Welcome back to this week’s episode of the Cookbook Love Podcast. Today I am excited to share with you an episode on Kentucky Cookbooks. This episode holds a special place in my heart and life because I was born and raised in Kentucky, and because the Kentucky Derby was always a sporting event that was celebrated by our family. So in today’s episode I share more about Kentucky’s literary tradition, what the Kentucky Derby is, how the Kentucky Derby is celebrated, and a discussion of my favorite Kentucky cookbooks.
Listen to Episode 35 below:
Things We Mention In This Episode:
- Out of Kentucky Kitchens by Marion Flexner
- Bluegrass Winners by Lexington Women’s Club
- Kentucky’s Best by Linda Allison-Lewis
- Kentucky Cooking by Charles Patteson
- Louisville Courier-Journal Cookbook Cissy Gregg
- The Kentucky Bourbon Cookbook by Albert Schmid
- Kentucky Fresh Cookbook by Maggie Green
- Tasting Kentucky: Favorite Recipes from the Bluegrass State by Maggie Green
- Join the waitlist for the next opening of the Cookbook Writers Academy
- Download checklist for first-time cookbook writers “Are You Ready to Write a Cookbook”
- Please join our Cookbook Love Podcast Facebook Group
- Instagram @cookbooklovepodcast or @greenapron
Here’s How To Subscribe
I’d love for you to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss any new episodes Click here to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
How to Leave a Review:
And, I’d love for you to leave a rating and review. I want to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make this podcast one you love to listen to and share with your friends. Plus, iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review for the podcast here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Do you have an idea for a cookbook concept?
Would you like to know more about writing cookbooks?
Do you collect cookbooks and want to be interviewed on the show?