Welcome to another episode of the podcast. Over the past few weeks, I’ve spent time talking to Food and Nutrition Experts and Food Bloggers who want to write a cookbook. Many of them told me that they feel all over the place. When we feel all over the place, it’s typically because our thoughts are all over the place. So in today’s episode, I want to break down some ways to rein in your thoughts about your cookbook project and what to do when you feel all over the place:
- Write down your idea
- Write down your why? Why I Write Cookbook Episode 38 of the podcast
- Identify your reader.
- What is the burning issue you want to talk about?
- Where do you want to take them? What story or journey are you going to talk about?
- Narrow down or layer the topic with two stories or journeys. Don’t bite off more than you can chew.
- Look at competitive titles. This shows the possibility. How will your topic be different?
- Create a loose outline for your book. Capture the main topics you want to convey. Do you still feel all over the place – that means your thoughts are still all over the place. What are the main thoughts you want to convey to your reader?
- Start your research for what you don’t know.
- What recipes will best help you convey the idea you want to talk or teach about?
- Create a loose recipe list to go with your loose outline
Listen to Episode 109 below:
Things We Mention In This Episode:
- Download a copy of the Cookbook Publishing Roadmap
- Please join our Confident Cookbook Writer Facebook Group
Let’s connect on Instagram @greenapron
Here’s How To Subscribe
I’d love for you to get notified when I release new episodes so you don’t miss any new episodes Click here to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
How to Leave a Review:
And, I’d love for you to leave a rating and review. I want to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make this podcast one you love to listen to and share with your friends. Plus, iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. You can leave a review for the podcast here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
Do you have an idea for a cookbook concept?
Would you like to know more about writing cookbooks?
Do you collect cookbooks and want to be interviewed on the show?